Senior Care Support
Did You Know?
- Out-of-pocket healthcare costs represent 25% of a senior’s total income.
- Less than 50% of seniors have supplemental insurance to Medicare which can cost half of their social security income.
- With a fixed income of social security only, most seniors don’t qualify for Medicaid and are living financially insecure and in healthcare crisis management.
- No senior care program covers the cost of critical dental care or dentures needed from aging, chemotherapy, or chronic disease treatment.
- Many legacy music makers hit the Medicare Part D “donut hole” and begin rationing their medication — or stop taking it altogether.
- There is an increasing need for senior counseling for things such as grief, loss of identity, dealing with mortality, pain management, loss of independence, loss of career, feeling unseen and unheard by a younger generation, financial stress, and loneliness.
Music Health Alliance can help!
Senior Care Support Programs & Services
In collaboration with Grammy award-winning artist, Lauren Daigle, and The Price Fund — along with an anonymous donor in memory of Frank Dycus — the expansion of Music Health Alliance’s Senior Care Support program includes The Price Legacy Fund for financially vulnerable seniors. It will provide:
- Growth for our team of licensed, senior healthcare advocates and network of senior healthcare resources for music industry veterans and legacy music makers.
- Education and resources for senior health, wellness, and preventative care specifically tailored for the legacy music industry community.
Additionally, grants through The Price Legacy Fund will cover:
- Assistance during gap or not covered by plan.
- Copays not covered by Medicare including medical, vision, and hearing.
- Emergent rehabilitation services.
- Short-term home healthcare.
- Emergent short-term home healthcare or respite care related unexpected medical expenses.
Services through our Senior Care Support Program are available to any person aged 65 and older who has worked in the music industry for three or more years.
About The Price Legacy Fund
The partnership between Music Health Alliance and Lauren Daigle’s The Price Fund provides seed money in launching The Price Legacy Fund, addressing critical healthcare needs for senior music industry veterans and legacy makers — marking an industry first.
Over the past 10 years, I’ve been an advocate for our aging music industry community — witnessing hardships, loneliness, and inability to pay for medical and prescription costs. I’m more excited about this fund than any Music Health Alliance has been part of to date. The Price Legacy Fund will ensure that this often-overlooked population will never be alone or forgotten. There will always be a caring advocate who will help them find solutions to their daily health needs and provide counsel on Medicare and Social Security issues.
— Shelia Shipley Biddy
CFO & Certified Senior Advisor®
About Lauren Daigle’s The Price Fund
Lauren Daigle founded The Price Fund to honor and memorialize her grandfather, who taught her how to love the world one relationship at a time. Designed to provide care for at-risk youth, children, and the elderly, The Price Fund, established in 2018, has expanded its mandate to support the arts with a goal to instill hope and love among people, no matter their background. The efforts have resulted in the distribution of nearly $2.5M to nonprofit organizations around the world.
Any success I have comes with a deep-seated appreciation for the people who have come before me — those whose lives, hard work, creativity, and vision now serve as the bedrock upon which the music industry lies. These are the people that we honor and what I hope is the start of a long partnership with Music Health Alliance.
— Lauren Daigle
Artist, Atlantic Records
The Price Legacy Fund Qualifications
To qualify for The Price Legacy Fund, applicants MUST have:
- A projected annual household adjusted gross income at or below 300% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Three or more years serving as a music industry professional.
- Documentation can be via references, liner note credits, copies of contracts, check stubs, brochures, or articles, and can be verified via mobile devices. Spouses and life partners of qualifying individuals may also be eligible.
Qualified candidates should complete the confidential application below and a healthcare advocate will be in touch. If you have questions or want to learn more about The Price Legacy Fund, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
If you have limited income, you can get help from your state with some or all of your Medicare premiums, deductibles, and coinsurance. If you have income from working, you still may qualify.