POSTED JUNE 15, 2018 — DIRECTOR OF ADVOCACY & INSURANCE NEEDED
Qualified personnel must submit cover letter & resume to email@example.com. No Calls.
The goal for this full-time position is to guide and direct clients with their health care needs by following a solution model, patient-centered plan that best protects them and /or assistance in negotiating the reduction of medical bills and the completion of grant applications to pay for household and medical bills during a health crisis or recovery period. Individual must be solution oriented, think outside status quo, positive worldview, honest, respectful and have a deep sense of compassion. A team player capable of working independently. Capable of completing work on a timely basis. Candidate must also be sensitive to highly confidential issues and trustworthy. Requires being very detail and solution oriented, as well as versatile and open minded on learning new processes. Knowledge of the music industry and / or health insurance is a plus.
• Act as a liaison between the music industry and health care access
• Read and research daily medical news and stay abreast of changes as they develop so that MHA can continue to serve its clients with the latest news that will affect them
• Meet with clients to assess their medical and financial needs.
• Determine that need has been established and bills can be decreased or written off
• Counsel clients on best solution and direct them to other resources that can assist once vetted
• Assist in writing applications for financial grants (MusiCares, Opry Trust, Haven Foundation, etc.)
• Research new grant resources tailored to a client’s specific needs/diagnosis
• Enter client savings into OnContact software system as grants are made
• Support the Mission and goals of MHA
• Communicate with advocacy client periodically to assess where they are in their health journey and update MHA team
• Accept other duties as assigned
• As a licensed agent, research best coverage for client or company and provide options for their needs.
Determine if marketplace or private insurance best suits them based on income and assessment of client interview
• Continue education and maintain license status
• Complete annual certification for marketplace
• Enter personal client information into OnContact software system with all pertinent savings, genre of music, key attachments, and health issues
Position Requirements & Qualifications:
Education and Experience
• College degree preferred but not required
• Minimum of 5 years music industry experience or 5 years of business experience in finance, psych/sociology, or health related field
• Health Insurance License a plus (MHA will train for certification upon hiring)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Commitment to public service
• Needs to be compassionate, empathetic, and non-judgmental
• Requires enthusiasm, self-motivation and a positive attitude
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work with all levels of business and community leaders
• Ability to think and operate strategically and independently
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks through strong organization skills
• Trustworthy and ability to deal with confidential matters
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Salary & Benefits
• Salary will be commensurate with experience
• Group health insurance provided to employee
• Paid vacation at one year anniversary
Music Health Alliance’s mission is to Heal the Music by providing access to healthcare through services that PROTECT, DIRECT & CONNECT music professionals with medical and financial solutions.
Music Health Alliance’s vision is to create a safe and confidential place for the music community to gain the very best healthcare and health insurance solutions through defined and transparent advocacy services with an emphasis on the prevention of illness and overall wellness. Our services are provided on a national basis in all genres of music.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED AS OF JULY 13, 2018