A Spectacular Collection of Lyrics to Some of the Most Popular Hits of All Time and New Classics: Cyndi Lauper’s “Time After Time,” Faith Hill’s “This Kiss,” Carrie Underwood’s “Before He Cheats,” Frankie Valli’s
“Can’t Take My Eyes Off You,” Lee Ann Womack’s “I Hope You Dance,” Dan & Shay with Justin Bieber’s “10,000 Hours,” Lady A’s “Champagne Night,” George Thorogood’s “Bad To The Bone,” Miranda Lambert’s “Tin Man,” Jason Aldean’s “Blame It On You,” and Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper’s “I’ll Never Love Again” from A Star is Born Soundtrack Among Highlights
Luke Bryan, Rosanne Cash, Chris Janson, Tim McGraw, Ronnie Milsap, Maren Morris, The Oak Ridge Boys, Lucinda Williams, and More Offer Handwritten Lyrics of their Biggest Hits to Support the Music Community Devastated by the Ongoing Global Pandemic
Auction Closes Monday, November 1, 2021
Los Angeles, California /Nashville, Tennessee – (October 15, 2021) – Julien’s Auctions announced the launch of the exclusive, online charity auction Music Health Alliance Second Annual Handwritten Lyrics Auction at juliensauctions.com for advance bidding beginning Friday, October 15th, 2021 to coincide with Heal The Music Day. The auction will start closing in real time and in lot order for live bidding at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time on Monday, November 1st, 2021. Proceeds will benefit Music Health Alliance whose mission is to Heal the Music by providing access to healthcare through services that protect, direct and connect music professionals with medical and financial situations. (photos left to right: handwritten lyrics of “Time After Time” art piece created by Cyndi Lauper, George Thorogood’s “Bad To The Bone” and Lee Ann Womack’s “I Hope You Dance”)
For the second consecutive year, the world-record breaking auction house to the stars partnered with a marquee list of the most decorated and influential singers and songwriters of all time, across the genres of pop, rock, country, folk, americana, and gospel music, who personally donated handwritten lyrics of some of their most classic and ground-breaking hits to this urgent initiative to aid the devastated music community during the ongoing pandemic.
Highlighted handwritten song lyrics signed by the songwriter and/or recording artist include (each estimate range: $600-$2,000):
- Rosanne Cash, “Crossing Jerusalem” (co-written with John Leventhal)
- Beth Nielsen Chapman, “This Kiss” (Recorded by Faith Hill)
- Dan & Shay and Justin Bieber, “10,000 Hours” (co-written with Jessie Jo Dillon, Poo Bear, and Jordan Reynolds)
- Bob DiPiero and Pat McManus, “American Made” (Recorded by The Oak Ridge Boys)
- Tom Douglas and Scooter Carusoe, “Drunk Girl” (Co-written and recorded by Chris Janson)
- David Frasier, Ed Hill, and Josh Kear “Most People are Good” (Recorded by Luke Bryan)
- Bob Gaudio of The Four Seasons and Bob Crewe, “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You” (Recorded by Frankie Valli)
- Jason Isbell, “Cover Me Up” (Recorded by Jason Isbell and Morgan Wallen)
- Tully Kennedy, Kurt Allison, John Edwards, Michael Tyler and Brian White, “Blame It On You” (Recorded by Jason Aldean, accompanied by a Jason Aldean signed cowboy hat)
- Miranda Lambert, “Tin Man” (co-written with Jack Ingram and Jon Randall)
- Cyndi Lauper, “Time After Time” (a handcrafted art piece encased in a shadowbox created and signed by Lauper for Music Health Alliance)
- Lady Gaga, Aaron Raitiere, Natalie Hemby and Hillary Lindsey, “I’ll Never Love Again,” from the soundtrack of A Star is Born (Recorded by the film’s stars, Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper)
- Tim McGraw, “Live Like You Were Dying” (co-written with Craig Wiseman and Tim Nichols)
- Milk Carton Kids, “Michigan” (written by Kenneth A. Pattengale, Joseph Edward Ryan)
- Madeline Merlo, Tina Parol, David Thomson, and Patricia Conroy “Champagne Night” (Recorded by Lady A) handwritten and signed lyrics on a set of 4 beer glasses by the band and songwriter Tina Parol.
- John Michael Montgomery, “I Love the Way You Love Me” (co-written with Victoria Shaw and Chuck Cannon)
- Dennis Morgan and Kye Fleming, “Smoky Mountain Rain,” (Recorded by Ronnie Milsap)
- Maren Morris, “The Bones” (co-written with Laura Veltz and Jimmy Robbins)
- Amanda Shires, “Wasted and Rollin’” (written by Amanda Shires)
- Tia Sillers and Mark Sanders, “I Hope You Dance” (Recorded by Lee Ann Womack) Donated in celebration of the 20th Anniversary of song’s release.
- Jon Stone, Phil Barton and Johnny Bulford, “A Woman Like You” (Recorded by Lee Brice)
- Russ Taff, “We Will Stand” (co-written with Tori Taff)
- George Thorogood, “Bad to the Bone” (written by George Thorogood)
- Chris Tompkins and Josh Kear, “Before He Cheats” (Recorded by Carrie Underwood)
- Matt Warren and Hillary Lindsey, “Every Storm Runs Out of Rain” (Recorded by Gary Allan)
- Lucinda Williams, “Car Wheels on a Gravel Road” (written by Lucinda Williams)
Since 2013, Music Health Alliance has been providing free healthcare advocacy and resources to more than 15,000 members of the nationwide music community. The work of MHA’s 10 in-house advocates has saved more than $70,000,000 in healthcare costs and provided lifesaving access to medical procedures, mental health resources, diagnostic tests, prescriptions and more, and helped countless families avoid bankruptcy due to mounting medical debt. MHA fights so those in our industry never have to feel alone in a health crisis and removes obstacles so patients can receive lifesaving care. Its services are free to any person who has worked in the music industry for three or more years or who has credited contributions to 4 commercially released recordings or videos. Spouses, partners, and children of qualifying individuals may also receive access to the non-profit’s services from birth to end of life. More info at www.musichealthalliance.com.
Music Health Alliance Second Annual Handwritten Lyrics Auction
Monday, November 1, 2021
Session I: 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time
Registering to Bid
Registration is required to bid in this online auction and can be done online before the sale at the JuliensLive.com to bid live online. For inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-836-1818.
Bid through Julien’s Auctions online live in advance and in real time during the closing of the auction starting at 11:00 am Pacific Time in lot order at JuliensLive.com.
ABOUT JULIEN’S AUCTIONS
Julien’s Auctions is the world record-breaking auction house to the stars. Collaborating with the famous and the exclusive, Julien’s Auctions produces high profile auctions in the film, music, sports and art markets. Julien’s Auctions has received international recognition for its unique and innovative auction events, which attract thousands of collectors, investors, fans and enthusiasts from around the world. Julien’s Auctions specializes in sales of iconic artifacts and notable collections including Marilyn Monroe, John Lennon, Ringo Starr, Lady Gaga, Banksy, Cher, Michael Jackson, U2, Barbra Streisand, Les Paul, Neil Young, Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Jimi Hendrix and many more. In 2016, Julien’s Auctions received its second placement in the Guinness Book of World Records for the sale of the world’s most expensive dress ever sold at auction, The Marilyn Monroe “Happy Birthday Mr. President” dress which sold for $4.8 million. Julien’s Auctions achieved placement in the Guinness Book of World Records in 2009 for the sale of Michael Jackson’s white glove, which sold for $480,000 making it the most expensive glove ever sold at auction. In 2020, Julien’s Auctions received its third Guinness Book of World Record placement for the sale of Kurt Cobain’s “MTV Unplugged” 1959 Martin D-18E acoustic-electric guitar, which sold for $6 million making it the world’s most expensive guitar ever sold at auction. Based in Beverly Hills, Julien’s Auctions has a global presence bringing their auctions and exhibitions to targeted destinations worldwide including London, New York, Las Vegas, Japan and China. Live auctions are presented for bidders on-site and online via live streaming video and mobile technology. For more information on Julien’s Auctions, go to www.juliensauctions.com. Connect with Julien’s Auctions at www.facebook.com/JuliensAuctions or www.twitter.com/JuliensAuctions or www.instagram.com/juliens_auctions
PRESS CONTACT-JULIEN’S AUCTIONS
PRESS CONTACTS – MUSIC HEALTH ALLIANCE
Cindy Hunt l Monarch Publicity
Joseph Conner l Essential Broadcast Media