Lyrics to Kelsea Ballerini’s “Peter Pan” Written on an Epiphone Acoustic Guitar, ZZ Top’s “Sharp Dressed Man,” Jason Aldean and Carrie Underwood’s “If I Didn’t Love You,” Kenny Rogers’ “Twenty Years Ago,” Peter Frampton’s “Do You Feel Like I Do,” Martina McBride’s “Concrete Angel,” Blake Shelton’s “God’s Country,” and Walker Hayes’ “Fancy Like” Among Highlights
Michael Martin Murphey, Reba McEntire, Florida Georgia Line, Train, Little Big Town, Loudon Wainwright, George Strait, Vince Gill, Miranda Lambert, Dierks Bentley, Amy Grant, and More Offer Handwritten Lyrics of their Biggest Hits to
Support the Music Community
Auction Closes Monday, October 24, 2022
Beverly Hills, California/Nashville, Tennessee – (September 29, 2022) – Julien’s Auctions announced today the third annual online charity auction event Handwritten Song Lyrics Benefitting Music Health Alliance to take place exclusively at juliensauctions.com for advance bidding. The auction will open on Saturday October 1, 2022 and start closing in real time and in lot order for live bidding at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time on Monday, October 24, 2022. Proceeds will benefit Music Health Alliance, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides 100% free advocacy, support, and access to life-saving healthcare and financial resources for the music industry.
For the third consecutive year, the auction house to the stars partnered with a marquee lineup of some of the most legendary singers and songwriters from the 1970s through today, spanning country, pop, rock, gospel, folk, and alternative rock music, who personally donated handwritten lyrics of some of their biggest hits to this critical initiative to aid and support underserved music professionals in their time of need.
Highlighted handwritten song lyrics signed by the songwriter and/or recording artist include (estimates: $600-$2,000 unless otherwise indicated):
- Kelsea Ballerini, “Peter Pan” on a hand-painted and signed Epiphone acoustic guitar (co-written with Forest Glen Whitehead and Jesse Lee)
- Michael Martin Murphey, “Wildfire” on a signed black Yamaha acoustic guitar and in a separate lot, signed lyrics of his other greatest hit, “What’s Forever For” handwritten by songwriter Rafe Van Hoy
- “Meant To Be” recorded by Florida Georgia Line and BeBe Rehxa, signed by Brian Kelley, Tyler Hubbard, and Josh Miller (co-written by Josh Miller, David Garcia)
- Pat Monahan of Train, “Drops of Jupiter” on a stage-played Remo Emperor drumhead signed by all band members. (Recorded by Train)
- Signed by Carrie Underwood and Jason Aldean, co-writers Tully Kennedy and Lydia Vaughan handwrote “If I Didn’t Love You”
- ZZ Top/Billy Gibbons signed “Sharp Dressed Man”
- Walker Hayes, “Fancy Like” (co-written with Cameron Bartolini, Josh Jenkins, and Shane Stevens)
- Rob Crosby and Stephanie Bentley, “Concrete Angel” (Recorded by Martina McBride)
- Peter Frampton, “Do You Feel Like I Do” (co-written with John Siomos, Mick Gallagher and Rick Wills)
- Wood Newton, Michael Spriggs, Dan Tyler, Wood Newton, and Michael Noble “Twenty Years Ago” (Recorded by Kenny Rogers). In Memory of Kenny Rogers, Music Health Alliance was gifted these lyrics by the songwriters. Handwritten by songwriter Wood Newton and signed by all four co-writers to honor Rogers’ legacy, coinciding with Julien’s three-day auction celebration “Property from the Estate of Kenny Rogers” taking place October 21st, October 22nd and October 23rd with a portion of proceeds to benefit Music Health Alliance.
Founded in 2013 and based in Nashville, Music Health Alliance (MHA) has provided free healthcare advocacy and lifesaving support and resources to more than 18,000 music industry members across 49 states in the non-profit’s first nine years. MHA has supported songwriters, musicians, performers, producers, engineers, venue operators, artist managers, agents, publishers, business managers, and more by providing access to medicine, mental health resources, COVID-19 relief, diagnostic tests, lifesaving transplants, end of life care, and many other necessary services, saving more than $85,000,000 in healthcare costs for the nationwide music community in less than a decade. Entirely funded through grants and individual and corporate donations, financial support from the music community is critical to continue MHA’s advocacy and free services. For every $1 donation, MHA is able to provide $30 in life-saving healthcare resources to Heal The Music. MHA fights so those in our industry never have to feel alone in a health crisis and removes obstacles so patients can receive lifesaving care. All MHA services are free to any person who has worked in the music industry for three or more years or who has credited contributions to four commercially released recordings or videos. Spouses, partners, and children of qualifying individuals may also receive access to the non-profit’s services from birth to end of life. More info at www.musichealthalliance.com.
Handwritten Song Lyrics Benefitting Music Health Alliance
Saturday, October 1 – Monday, October 24, 2022
Registering to Bid
Registration is required to bid in this online auction and can be done online before the sale at the JuliensLive.com to bid live online. For inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-836-1818.
Bid through Julien’s Auctions online live in advance and in real time during the closing of the auction starting at 11:00 am Pacific Time in lot order at JuliensLive.com.